Thursday 7 July 2011

World #1 Comeback?!

So the World #1 Beta idea didn't go as planned, but it was an interesting experiment. The only trouble with that is I really loved that new look wooden home I built! However, last night I began thinking about the old world#1 from the Alpha days, where I was building an underground home. I haven't touched that world in a very long time! I reasoned last night that now with pistons, legitimate leaf blocks, that maybe I might get more inspired on the underground project, so copied it over to my main saves folder (Effectively putting it back), and had a fiddle with it.


If your not sure what the underground project is, see: Here

Already I have started making a few changes, I couldn't help myself. For level one I added some low bushes instead of the fences, originally these were two blocks high, but it didn't look right so I've kept it to one block. I've also removed the armour dispenser in favour of an infinite water spot. (I tried a water dispenser like in World2, my main world, but I couldn't remember how I did it!) I also changed the front entrance a bit, but that was mainly due to changing the cobble stairs to slabs, I find I'm often not liking cobble stairs these days.





Now I'm tempted to make a pitched glass roof instead of the current flat one, too give it more oomph. Especially as the entrance is so basic.

I also finished making the walls "higher up"/leveling the ceiling in the "Nice room" on level #3. Whilst doing this however there was a row, two high, above the sandstone walls that had to be converted. It wasn't until I was ground level that I realized how nice the contrast at the top of the wall looked between the two materials - sandstone and smooth stone. Of course smooth stone doesn't really compliment sandstone that well, so after fiddling with the entrance to the room (Because the double doors were off center), I got an idea to have a log border at the top all the way around. This also meant going behind it and closing up as much of the natural holes above the ceilings as possible where zombies, skeletons and creepers lurked. I hate going into a room and hearing mob noises because there's a natural hole space behind a wall or above your ceiling.

Here's a recap (With the old HD texture pack at the time) of how we last left it:



And shots taken last night:




I need to make some more cakes now as I scoffed after being injured. Gone are the horrible cobble steps! BAM! - A better water feature, it's not a fireplace, it's a waterplace! That water runs down behind a 3 block infinite water placement, it's more of a water-wall than a waterplace I guess. As you might see, I've started turning the ceiling into wool blocks, but have currently run out of wool. It's took 2 stacks already!


The entrance, because it wasn't centered and looked funny, from the outside going in, had to change from double doors to a single door. I also did a strange accent of glass by the door, both on the inside and outside. Didn't like the cobble steps coming right down the middle outside the room either, and despite still using cobble steps there, for now, I've got them coming down the side, instead of straight down the middle from the floor. I really want to back the corridors leading up to it nice, instead of a patch work of stone, cobble and dirt - both fall and walls, but I'm not sure what materials to use yet, has to be really nice. I'm hoping the new look entrance to the "nice room" will inspire the rest of the corridors look.





With the change of the outside entrance to level #1, I no longer have the reeds outside, which means one of the levels might end up being a farm level - reed, cactus, mushroom, don't really need a tree farm as I'm surrounded by them on the surface, and I already have a small farm on level #1.

1 comment:

  1. i like it how you have taken advantage of sandstone, its cool. not many people do that!

    ReplyDelete

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts