Saturday 31 May 2014

R.I.P. Mulkey

Main world, survival. Begun in 2010 in Alpha, I found a mountain with a hollow front and lava pouring down the front, round the back a single block waterfall coming out of the wall.. I decided it was a nice place to make a home! In 2012 after 2 years and developing my building style I began a mass re-generation scheme of my world, inside and outside. This is the story of my main world...

Mulkey the stubborn donkey, has passed on. This donkey is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-DONKEY!! 

Okay enough of the Monty Python..

I was taking Mulkey to my Multiplayer house shrine (Copy of one of the earliest houses I built on a multiplayer server.), and took him because I needed use of his inventory. To get there, you have to go across the bridge over the ocean, past the church and Mount DOOOOOOooooom, which is behind the mountains to the side of the church; then follow the minecart tracks by DOOOOOOooooom - all the way across the ocean to another chunk of land. I went there to finally update the basement floor to how it was on the server, and finally get rid of the cobblestone floor. (It was built a very, very long time ago.) It was night time so I leashed Mulkey to the fence outside and slept. When I awoke the sun was starting to rise and I headed to the gate.

That's when Mr creeper appeared from nowhere.

Sudden annoyance to the hole exasperated when I saw the saddle lying there. At first I though "Okay, I can do a roll-back", Mulkey can live, but when I looked to the last back up save it wasn't to be. Apparently I hadn't gotten round to that recent back up, and if I went back to the back-up at the work on Mount DOOOOOOooooom would be undone, especially the extensive transformation of the mountain under the back building into a tower base for said building. In short it was too much work and progression to undo. I would have to let Mulkey go. I built a quick grave at the MP copy house, and headed back, a few days later changing the sign on his stable to blank and putting his R.I.P. sign up with my other lost foul - "Taylor Swift" (Knew she was stubborn when she walked in/up to me) and "Pond" (Come along Pond!)


I called him Mulkey because, even though he was stubborn as a mule, he was in fact a donkey - so I merged the words. Many a time I would go up to him and ask for an "EEeeeeeeooooorrrrre!", but he never did, he just grunted at me!

He's not really dead y'know (Jim)
Well he is, but I mean that he exists on another copy of this world; and no I can't go back to that one as it's very outdated - even more than the back-up save. In some ways he'll live forever within that save! Maybe I'll visit him now again. (Found the save within the folder of another save. Re-named it World2 Mulkey 4 EVR!) I will travel and get another donkey, but not for a long while yet; and he won't ever replace Mulkey.

Meanwhile the roof is back on the front tower of  Mount DOOOOOOooooom. I was going for nether-brick stairs but it takes long enough to smelt them into bricks i make one nether brick block, let alone 6 of them for stairs. So I kept it as a nether-brick block roof. Have the back building roof to do now. I also restored the lava! It finally flows again after the work is done!.






In this next old pic when I was re-building the front tower, you'll notice in the middle of the bottom of the picture how the land drops of due to the chunk border:


So I built a wall on top of the border and made it an adjoining wall to the main exterior one, then changing the chunk border wall below to match. It only started off as building stairs up to this land from the sand bank below, but I got inspired!


From that daytime lava picture above, it's really starting to expand now - and that's not all! I have plans for this chunk border at the back!


The back of the tower needs intensively made more fanciful I know, but this chunk border round the back will become a tower too! I got the idea when I was wondering on the mountain to the side of the chunk and got the idea to build a tower on top of it, Which then turned into changing the whole chunk into a tower to hide the chunk border! I have already begun, and also raised the rest of the back of the exterior perimeter wall to meet the height of the rest of it.

So those are the plans, so much for a rest from this world! I'm just too inspired/getting carried away with it at the moment! Also might have finally designed a storage area look I like to modernize the existing one (In my creative copy of the world.) So finally perhaps bye-bye cobble walls after 3 & 1/2 years?..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light changes..

 So as I plan a build (On my creative copy) for the horrible chunk error wall next tot the hotel at the Chunk Plaza development, i've be...

Popular Posts